Tuesday, July 20, 2010

At a Speech Class

I spent tonight listening to people give speeches on why you should do this or that. Very interesting and a few very moving speeches. I also discovered that a room full of college students can still burst into laughter when they hear the word sex. Gezz like we all don't know what sex is right? It makes me wonder how people will react to my first speech when I am really in that class. It is going to be on me being transsexual. As if I wasn't anxious enough about coming out in front of college students, now sex is taboo. I wanted to tell the teacher I am transsexual tonight but we were in a hurry to get home to honey's migraine medication. I am trying to find something interesting about my being a transsexual to write about everyday but I am finding that very difficult to do. There is not a lack of interesting information about transsexuals but nothing is happening to me right now. I guess I can say I went to a website called Lyon Martin Health Clinic. I found it following a link from a UCSF GLBT help site. They are open everyday and cater to lesbians and transsexuals. I have not decided whether to drop my current medical insurance and find different insurance or continue with my current coverage and find a way to pay out of pocket for the huge expenses I am going to have to deal with getting hormones and paying for therapy. I am going to have to drop my current doctor anyways if I am going to be moving out of this county. Well I guess I will figure this all out as I go. Who knows what will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment