Saturday, July 17, 2010

Name Change Forms (oh what fun)

Last night I was watching a new show called Gangland. Okay it may not be new per say, but it is new to me. It got me thinking about my name change. One of the gangatas changed his name to "Almighty Bloody Messiah". That got me to thinking, what the heck is so bad about changing my name to Bob. Who knows maybe I will be able to change my name legally sooner than later. To file for a name and gender change you have to have gone through a full sex change and I am not ready for that. You have to have a few years of therapy under your belt before they let you get a change. You have also needed to live as a man for a few years prior to a sex change (not that I haven't been living as a man). I guess I understand these laws. I hope to get my name done within a few months. I don't know how people will feel about it though. There are a lot of people that know but a lot of people that don't at the same time. The people at the check cashing store for one. I don't know what I would do with out some of the friendships I have. I guess it will be a big adventure for me to go to court for this. The only time I have been to the Alameda court house is for a wedding. I was the maid of honor at my best friends wedding, and yes I was in a suit. I can go to the nearby court house for this and first things first I need to turn in the fee wavier. We will go from there.

1 comment:

  1. This was a good read. I enjoyed reading through your entry. Anyway, I am actually looking for a name change software. By ant chance, could you help me with this? I'd be waiting for your response and thank you for sharing this with us. More power to you and to your site.

    married name change

    ReplyDelete